A large new study from South Korea finds that children younger than 10 transmit to others much less often than adults do, but the risk is not zero. And those between the ages of 10 and 19 can spread the virus at least as well as adults do.
This seems like a really significant discovery:
“The Hadassah team studied more than 700 blood samples from 80 patients who were admitted to the medical center during the first peak of the coronavirus outbreak. The results show that alpha defensin speeds up blood clot formation, which can cause pulmonary embolism, heart attacks and stroke. In addition, when blood clots form in the alveoli, whose function it is to exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide molecules to and from the bloodstream, this can lead to respiratory distress and eventually intubation.
Multiple studies have shown that around 80% of coronavirus patients who are intubated have died.
Higavi said his team are en route to a solution: administering the drug colchicine to coronavirus patients.
Colchicine is an approved drug used in the prevention and treatment of gout attacks, caused by too much uric acid in the blood.
Higavi said they have completed testing colchicine on mice and found that it successfully inhibited the release of alpha defensin. Now, they are waiting for the necessary approvals to test it on human coronavirus patients.”
This is terrifying. Anyone else think Trump is going to reduce the infection numbers, so businesses & schools will open?
“The Trump administration has ordered hospitals to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all Covid-19 patient information to a central database in Washington beginning on Wednesday.”
One of my friends I featured in this, she had it over 100 days. The way she described her heart rate doubling or tripling when she just walks a block is what I had for 60+ days. It was my last symptom to go away. Sometimes I worried it never would. There are many people in Covid support groups that have Covid symptoms for months.
Just because you won’t die from Covid, do you want symptoms for months or possibly forever?
Must read article:
“The US state of Arizona, is currently registering as many new cases of corona-virus as the entire European Union, which has a population 60 times greater.
A June survey by Pew Research Center found that only 49% of conservative Republicans said they wore a mask most of the time in the past month, while that number is 83% among liberal Democrats.”
1) Ask for a chest X-ray, even if you have no cough. I had no cough and had very bad pneumonia which the X-ray showed.
2) Ask for them to take a blood test of your various levels including: potassium, vitamin D, blood cells, D-dimer (for clotting), etc. Many people with bad Covid symptoms are low in these
3) Have them test your oxygen while walking, sitting and lying down. Some people have bad pneumonia but their oxygen levels are good while sitting but very bad while walking or lying down
4) Ask if you need antibiotics. Sometimes people get secondary pneumonia infections from Covid. Antibiotics significantly helped my lungs
5) Ask if there is anything else you can do to strengthen your lungs, such as using a spirometer. This made a world of difference for me. If I would’ve had a spirometer the first ER visit and not the 3rd, my pneumonia wouldn’t have gotten so bad
And don’t forget that sometimes you need to be assertive. So many people die at home because they are turned away from the hospital. Also, so many women, people of color and lgbtqia+ folks are told they just have anxiety and turned away. My neighbor’s cousin was in his 20s and went to the hospital for Covid. They turned him away and that night he died in his sleep.
If you need extra help, have your family call into the nurse’s station. Also, check hospitals’ rating, so you know which one is best to go to.